St Barnabas is a lively, growing evangelical church, with a congregation of around 320 adults and 60 children. We are committed to our vision of “Making disciples for life”, and are looking to appoint a new Associate Minister for Evangelism.
The Remit is:
• To develop the church’s evangelism and outreach in support of the Vision statement
• To encourage the whole church family to be more outward focused, more confident in sharing its faith and more effective in inviting people to church events
• To support the Vicar in his oversight and leadership of the church, and to share in general ministry
Initial tasks will be to establish and lead:
• a monthly outreach gathering as a hub for one-off family outreach events
• a new service to witness to those who already attend our Monday drop-in coffee morning
• a “community week” as part of a wider initiative to reach the lonely & poor in our community
The successful candidate will be:
• A gifted evangelist, passionate about sharing the good news with a wide range of people, bringing them to faith and integrating them in a church family where they can grow as disciples
• Experienced at equipping and encouraging Christians to be more confident and effective in sharing their faith
• An ordained priest in the Church of England, who has satisfactorily completed Initial Ministerial Education
Could this be you?
Download the Role Description, Parish Profile and application form. For any other details please contact the vicar, Canon Erik Wilson, St. Barnabas Vicarage, 8 The Crescent, Linthorpe, Middlesbrough TS5 6SQ. Tel. 0l642 817306
Closing date for applications: 14th May 2016. Interviews 17th June 2016.